Hyster High Capacity Forklift H400-450HD/S
|MODEL||LOAD CAPACITY (LBS)||LOAD CENTRE||MAXIMUM TRAVEL SPEED (MPH)||MAXIMUM LIFT SPEED (FT/MIN)|
ERGONOMIC FORKLIFTS DESIGNED FOR PRODUCTIVITY AND MANEUVERABILITY
The versatile H400-450HD/S big truck series designed for outdoor use features four truck models available in both standard and short wheelbase variants with 40,000 and 45,000 lbs. of lifting capacity.
- Suited for applications such as:
Innovative Engine Technology
The series comes standard with a Tier 4 Final Cummins QSB 6.7L engine rated at 230hp (peak horsepower) with a ZF WG 211 5-speed powershift transmission.
- The H400-450HD/S series with Tier 4 Final engine features:
- Integrated drivetrain with emission reduction package that includes cooled exhaust gas recirculation (EGR)
- Selective catalytic reduction (SCR) system for nitrogen oxide (NOX) reduction
- Diesel oxidation catalyst (DOC) for particulate matter removal and a diesel exhaust fluid (DEF) delivery system.
Together these features deliver as much as 22%* lower fuel consumption over Tier 3 products.
Engineered for tough applications, the series is ideal for long load centers, wide loads and heavy duty-cycle conditions. Performance optimization technologies such as selectable ECO-modes, idle management and on-demand cooling, work harmoniously to reduce fuel consumption on these trucks. A heavy duty cooling package ensures low operating temperatures and improves the longevity of hydraulic pumps and other major components.
The H400-450HD/S series features a load sensing on-demand hydraulic system that delivers flow only when required. The system’s variable displacement pumps are capable of more oil displacement, even at low pump speeds, meaning the engine runs at lower speeds, extending the life of components. In addition, the on-demand hydraulic system consumes up to 10% less fuel than a typical fixed displacement hydraulic system, while also producing less heat and noise.
Serviceability & Ergonomics
To simplify technician access to powertrain and hydraulic components, the series is constructed with dual gull-wing hoods and an optional tilting cab. New galvanized running boards and an improved fender design provide a broader, more comfortable standing area for service technicians, as well as easy entry and exit for operators. Furthermore, the trucks low profile carriage design, coupled with the low cowl cab design present outstanding fork tip and rearward visibility for operators. The series also offers an optional light-emitting diode (LED) light kit available in mast- or cab-mounted versions.
- Tier 4 Final Key Features of H400-450HD/S Series:
- Tier 4 Final Cummins QSB 6.7L engine with SCR, DOC and DEF.
- ZF WG 211 5-speed powershift transmission.
- Water-cooled variable geometry turbocharger (VGT) design combines the benefit of both a small and large turbocharger in a single unit, enabling Hyster® Tier 4 Final engines to achieve significantly improved response compared to Tier 3 engines.
- On-demand hydraulics: The unique variable displacement pump design enables the load sending hydraulic system to only provide the required hydraulic flow to do the work.
- The Idle Management System is another exclusive feature designed to save fuel without compromising the job. If the engine is idling for a period without any demands from the operator, it will drop rpms and enter into “Hibernate Idle”.
- The on-demand engine cooling system is designed so that the cooling fan will provide only the level of engine cooling required. Because the fan will usually be running lower, noise levels are reduced and less fuel is consumed.
- Automatic throttle-up feature enables the truck to operate within its most efficient speed under varying load conditions.
- ECO-mode selectable performance levels: ECO eLo mode provides good performance, and optimizes the engine for best fuel economy. Hi-P mode provides the highest productivity, and is still able to deliver excellent fuel economy.
*Results from fuel comparison testing conducted by Big Truck Development Center, March 2014.
H400-450HDS Product Brochure